
Pakistan has expressed displeasure over a documentary on Operation Sindoor, with Pakistani Army spokesperson Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry calling it “propaganda”.
He said the events depicted in the documentary had been presented in India’s favour and that a film could not change the reality of what happened.
Ahmed Sharif made the remarks on X at around 2am on Tuesday, describing the documentary as a mix of “tragedy and comedy”. He alleged that the film relied on selective interviews, emotional storytelling and a cinematic presentation to portray the events.
Discovery’s documentary Declassified: Operation Sindoor was released on 15 August. It features interviews with Indian military officers who were involved in Operation Sindoor. National Security Adviser Ajit Doval also appears in the documentary.

In the documentary, Indian Army officers and NSA Ajit Doval spoke about Operation Sindoor. (Source – Discovery)
Pakistan says military failure was portrayed as victory
The Pakistani Army spokesperson alleged that India had presented the outcome of Operation Sindoor as a victory.
He said the documentary used its narrative and visuals to portray what he described as a military failure as a successful operation. He added that making a film could not change the actual events that took place during the conflict.
Ahmed Sharif claimed that during the four-day conflict between India and Pakistan, the Pakistani military shot down eight Indian military aircraft. However, India has previously rejected these claims.
Pakistan also questioned the ceasefire
The Pakistani army said that the fighting stopped after talks between the DGMOs (Director Generals of Military Operations) of both countries. Therefore, calling it a unilateral victory for India is not correct.
Pakistan said that on one hand, the documentary talks about India’s large and precise military action, and on the other hand, it also states that India kept the fighting limited and gave Pakistan a chance to retreat. Pakistan called this a contradictory claim.
What happened in the 19 days from the Pahalgam attack to Operation Sindoor?
Tensions between India and Pakistan escalated rapidly following the Pahalgam terrorist attack on 22 April 2025. On 7 May, India launched Operation Sindoor, targeting terrorist infrastructure.
The situation subsequently escalated into a military confrontation between the two countries. A ceasefire was agreed on 10 May following talks between the Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMOs) of India and Pakistan.









